The ‘Sub Branch’ is the RSL in action in the local community. Its role is to serve the needs of its members, other members of the Ex-Services community and members of the ADF and their dependants in a close geographic area to the Sub Branch.
It does this by:
- Providing a means for members to enjoy camaraderie and mateship
- Providing welfare and social support services to those members and other Ex-Service men and women when they require it
- Providing advocacy and representation for all Ex-Service men and women regardless of their membership in the league as required
- Running Commemoration and Remembrance activities in the local community and supporting education activities
- Supporting democratic principles and fostering good citizenship among the young people in the local community
- Managing RSL assets for the benefits of its members; and
- Providing a respected and meaningful voice within the local community.